Sell Used Industrial Equipment & Machinery
For over 65 years Federal Equipment has been a reliable resource for all processing and packaging equipment needs with expertise buying and selling used equipment in pharmaceutical, chemical, plastics, rubber, and food processing industries.
We mitigate the headaches of asset management for companies seeking to sell equipment, with accurate appraisals based on in-depth knowledge and experience, and advice on options to optimize the recouped value. We bring further value through fast, expert removal and cash liquidity.
- Pharmaceutical equipment
- Chemical equipment
- Food equipment
- Beverage equipment
- Plastics equipment
- Rubber equipment
- Packaging equipment
- Lab equipment
- R&D equipment
Are you ready to sell used industrial equipment & machinery? Get started using the form below.
Benefits of Selling Used Equipment
There are a number of benefits to selling your new, idle, surplus, or used equipment.
- Recover Unused Capital: turn idle assets into working capital
- Free Up Storage: free up storage or production floor space; storing idle assets can be costly. Selling used equipment allows you to free up storage space so you can store other assets or eliminate the storage cost altogether
- Eliminate Maintenance on Unused Equipment: even unused industrial equipment must be properly maintained in order to ensure its viability; by selling unused equipment you can recoup that maintenance cost and allocate it to more beneficial assets
Federal Equipment’s Solutions
There are a number of means to selling used or idle equipment with Federal Equipment, such as:
- Outright Purchase: Federal Equipment purchases the equipment upfront, in full
- Auctions: a public sale in which the equipment will be sold to the highest bidder
- Liquidations: a public sale in which the equipment is sold to the highest bidder; liquidations typically offer more pieces of equipment for sale than an auction might
- Consignment Sales: Federal Equipment will sometimes participate in consignment sales; the seller and Federal Equipment split the profits of a sale at a predetermined amount
Federal Equipment will purchase used, idle, and surplus equipment from a number of different industries such as:
Asset Management & Inventory Recovery Programs and Services
Investment recovery services brings all of our activities together to form a complete capital equipment management program. These investment recovery programs can be your centralized hub for managing your surplus equipment. We can redeploy equipment from one manufacturing site to another for cost savings as high as 85% or more of the purchase price for new equipment. We buy your surplus equipment from you or sell it on your behalf. Learn more by visiting our Investment Recovery page.
Selling Used Industrial Equipment FAQs
How can I sell my equipment?
The process for selling equipment to Federal Equipment is dependent on how many items you are looking to sell. No matter what, the process starts with identifying items to be sold and sending photos. It is especially helpful to include a photo of the nameplate. If it is just one or a few machines, FEC can offer cash, credit to our online store, or trade the item for something in our inventory. If you have more than a few items to sell, we may purchase the items for our inventory or decide to hold an auction. Many factors determine these next steps. In addition to equipment, Federal Equipment will sometimes purchase buildings and land.
What are the benefits of selling used equipment?
The benefits of selling used equipment include:
- Recovering unused capital
- Freeing up storage or production floor space
- Eliminating maintenance costs on unused equipment